Set amongst lush tropical gardens, the three bedroom Villa Adasa is a haven for lounging and relaxation. Suspended above the 14-metre green-stone-tiled swimming pool, a traditional bale provides the perfect spot to while away the day. Its two king-sized daybeds are generously adorned with cushions, ideal for a massage or a lunch or dinner for two. Nearby, a private roof deck offers a tranquil sunbathing retreat or quiet spot for yoga or meditation.
Designed in traditional Bali style, Villa Adasa is located in the exclusive Laksmana enclave, in the heart of vibrant Seminyak – just footsteps away from the Indian Ocean and the stunning wide sandy beaches of Bali’s south-west coast.
This prestigious gated estate is comprised of individual luxuriously appointed private residences, situated in complete seclusion down a private palm-fringed lane. Entry from the street is by way of a traditional styled gatehouse with full 24-hour uniformed security.
ABOUT VILLA ADASA
From the cast bronze ‘mudra’ hands adorning the handsome entrance door to the colourful batik cushions piled up on the poolside bale, Villa Adasa delivers a mega-dose of style, right down to the smallest detail. Alang-alang (thatch) and ironwood shingle roofs create spacious interiors with vaulted ceilings supported on Palimanan stone walls soaring above floors of terrazzo and teakwood. Bringing the Bali-style influence bang up to date, Turkish rugs contrast with black and white prints from the 30s, fossilised stone stools stand by side-tables made from traditional offering plates, and the Sonos music system and Paras stone fountains harmonise their melodies.
Gather in the huge living pavilion for a convivial meal or seafood barbecue prepared by the accomplished villa chef; retire to the double bale for a massage after a dip in the 14-metre green-stone-tiled pool; retreat to the upper deck for some sunbathing or yoga; enjoy sunset cocktails on the second level master bedroom terrace – Villa Adasa offers a choice of places for socialising as well as quiet time, and the glamorous master bedroom and two guest suites are each sanctuaries in themselves
As appealing as Villa Adasa’s style is its sensational location; the villa is securely set in the exclusive Laksmana enclave moments away from the Indian Ocean and the wide sandy beaches of Bali’s south-west coast. La Lucciola, Potato Head, Ku De Ta and other iconic culinary and cocktail landmarks are a short walk away.
Within Villa Adasa’s high-walled garden, three inter-connected buildings are neatly arranged in a U shape around the pool. Furthest from the teakwood entrance doors is the two-storey bedroom wing, with two guest bedrooms opening onto the garden and a huge master suite occupying the entire upper floor. To the right is the enormous open-sided living and dining pavilion, looking across the pool to the large bale. Alongside, a flat-roofed building houses the kitchen and staff quarters.
Master bedroom suite
The master suite spreads out over the entire second level of the bedroom wing. A king-size bed dressed with goosedown duvet and luxury linen sits on a floor of polished teakwood enriched with Tibetan rugs under a soaring vaulted roof. To one side is a study area with a wall of wardrobes, a reading corner and HD TV and DVD player. Opposite is the bathroom, with statement bathtub, walk-in shower and wide opening perfectly framing the sacred Gunung Agung mountain on a clear day. A private terrace runs the full length of the suite, where a built-in daybed provides the perfect sunset spot.
The two guest bedrooms look out over the pool, with sliding glass doors opening onto the lawn. They both offer the flexibility of a king-size bed that can be converted to twins, making them equally suitable for children and friends as for couples. Each has a dressing area with plenty of wardrobe space, and an imposing sandstone-lined bathroom with soaring palms forming an indoor garden. With HD TVs and DVD players, guests may retire to air-conditioned comfort to watch a movie of their choice without fighting for the remote control.
The massive 80-square-metre open-sided and fan-cooled living pavilion features a traditional thatched roof, sandstone walls and an expanse of terrazzo floor lined by a fishpond with antique stone water features on one side, the pool wall on the other. Cream sofas covered with colourful batik cushions create a comfortable seating area, while a handcrafted teakwood dining table provides seating for eight in supremely comfortable wicker armchairs.
Adjacent to the swimming pool, the modern galley kitchen’s whitewashed shutters slide open to create a bar of recycled teak, a favourite area for cocktails, a late breakfast, a quiet lunch or snacks at any time. This wing also contains staff and service areas.
All your entertainment needs are catered for with a wireless Sonos sound system accessible throughout the villa and a large-screen HD TV.
- Location: Seminyak, south-west Bali, Indonesia.
- Capacity: 6 people (3 ensuite bedrooms: 1 with king-size bed, 2 with twins convertible to king); 2 extra beds on request (extra costs apply).
- Living areas: Huge open-sided living and dining pavilion with seating for 8; upstairs air-conditioned TV room/office within master bedroom suite; poolside bale; sun terrace.
- Pool: 7 x 4 metres.
- Staff: Manager; chef; butler/service staff (24-hour); gardener; security. Additional staff (babysitters, masseuses) available on request.
- Dining: Breakfast is complimentary. For other meals – Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes from a priced menu. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Communication: Wi-Fi internet; telephone landline (local and IDD calls extra).
- Entertainment: Satellite TVs; DVD players; DVD library; Sono sand Bose music systems; iPod docks; books and magazines.
- For families: Villa Adasa is well equipped for families. Facilities include a high chair; baby cot; pool safety fence (on request).
- Spa: On request, treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists in the privacy of the villa (extra costs apply).
- Transport: Villa Adasa’s central location means that many attractions are within easy walking distance. If additional transport is required, the villa manager will happily call one of the island’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis, or organise the hire of a car and driver.
- Additional facilities: Barbecue; in-room safes; massage bed; generator back-up.
- Events: Events for up to 25 people can be arranged with prior notice.
- Property area: 500 square metres.
Villa Adasa’s fully equipped kitchen is staffed by a superb private chef – a jewel in the villas crown. The villa’s priced menu offers everything from snacks to lunches to five-course dinners and seafood barbecues. Afternoon canapés and G&T’s by the pool are a specialty.
Being in Bali, this is a good opportunity to try favourite Indonesian dishes such as Nasi Goreng (fried rice), Mie Goreng (fried noodles), or Soto Ayam (spicy chicken soup), as well as Nasi Campur – the everyday Balinese meal that can be customised to suit the occasion. Nasi Campur is comprised of rice and a selection of vegetables, meat or fish and other accompaniments that might include egg, tofu, and the fried soybean cakes known as ‘tempe’. Another ‘must try’ is Rendang Daging – a famous Indonesian delicacy created from succulent chunks of beef stewed in coconut cream and spices.
Guests are welcome to join the chef on shopping trips to the local markets – including the Jimbaran seafood market – and are encouraged to speak with him with regards meal options, specific dietary requirements and any special requests they may have during their stay.