Securely situated within a three-villa enclave, Villa Raj comprises a three-bedroom, two-storey house and private walled garden complete with 12-metre swimming pool. The master bedroom is situated upstairs while the two guest bedrooms are positioned downstairs flanking the fan-cooled living/dining room, which opens directly to the pool and garden. A notable feature is the double jacuzzi that extends into the living space and overflows into the pool. At the far end of the pool is a massage pavilion and in one corner of the garden is a large balé relaxation pavilion.
Villa Nataraja’s main living and dining room welcomes in the outdoors – and even a section of the swimming pool-via folding glass doors. This is the social hub of the villa; fan cooled and outfitted with comfy chairs, a flat screen satellite TV and a dining table for six alongside a pond filled with fat happy koi fish. The room is completed with artwork, antique carvings, two ornately carved doors and a funky open staircase spiralling up to the master suite.
With its private, 12-metre swimming pool, double jacuzzi, dedicated massage pavilion, sun loungers and large relaxation gazebo fitted with cushioned seating and hung with billowing white drapes, Villa Nataraja’s garden has something to please everyone.
A walled pathway leads to a 13-metre-wide timber deck with steps leading down to the black-sand beach. This area is shared with guests staying at neighbouring Villa Raj, and is a place to chill out within a thatch-roofed balé or on a large wooden sofa beneath the tall coconut palms and gaze at the awesome view of Bali’s south-east coastline and Nusa Penida Island.
Master - The opulent, air-conditioned, upper-floor master suite is regally decked out in dark woods and rich fabrics with a king-size bed and framed photos from Bali’s golden age. Sliding glass doors lead to a wide, shaded balcony overlooking the pool with glimpses of the ocean accompanied by the sound of the pounding surf. The ensuite bathroom consists of two sumptuous areas – one with a bath, shower and twin basins, the other with WC and washbasin – linked by a timber walkway and enclosed with attractive fretwork screens.
Guestrooms - Two mirror-image air-conditioned guest bedrooms flank the living room accessed internally via magnificent carved doors or alternatively from the garden through glass doors which should be thrown open wide during the day to enjoy a lazy tropical experience. Each room is furnished with a king-sized bed under a soaring wood-and-bamboo-lined ceiling. The sexy, semi-open-air bathrooms are a dream in black polished concrete under a pergola roof, with seductive hidden lighting, sunken tub, rain shower and tropical plants.
- Location - Ketewel, Gianyar, south-east Bali, Indonesia.
- Capacity - 6 adults and up to 3 kids (in extra beds).
- Pool - Large pool and two jacuzzis.
- Living areas - Indoor and outdoor living and dining areas; alfresco dining deck; relaxation balés; terraces; pool terraces with sun beds and umbrellas; furnished beachfront decks.
- Staff - The staff team includes: villa manager; assistant manager; butlers; head chef; kitchen supervisor; cooks; villa attendants; gardeners; security guards; on-site masseuses; maintenance; front of house receptionist; babysitter (extra/on request).
- Dining - Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes are available for in-house dining from a priced menu. Off-menu requests are also accommodated (including special diets).
- Communication - WiFi broadband internet; telephones between all villas and call operator for local and international calls (charged to guest).
- Entertainment - Satellite-channel TVs; DVD players; surround sound systems; iPod docks; CD players.
- For families - Villa Maya are well equipped for families. Facilities include cots, high chairs, pool toys and children’s DVDs.
- Spa - In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional spa and beauty therapists in the villa’s dedicated spa room.
- Leisure facilities - Bicycles; traditional jukung boat available (based in Sanur) for 6 people with snorkelling equipment; boogie boards.
- Transport - A 7-seater car and driver is available for up to 10 hours per day at a charge of US$65++ (excludes petrol).
- Additional facilities - Full back-up diesel powered electrical generator; barbecue; safety deposit box.
- Property area - 2,740sqm (land - whole majapahit Villa Complex).
DINING AT VILLA NATARAJA
Dining at Villa Nataraja works on a priced, restaurant-style menu system with a with a wide array of Western and Japanese dishes available anytime of the day. Each villa has its own private chef who prepares meals in the estate’s central, professionally equipped kitchen to be served up in your location of choice at the villa. Guests will be presented with their food and beverage bill upon departure.
Many Western meals are available, but we recommend you to try some of the cooks’ Indonesian and Balinese dishes for a true cultural experience. Vegetarian and children’s dishes also feature on the menu, and if you have any special dietary requirements, please talk to the chef, who will strive to comply with all of your wishes. Likewise, if you would like to arrange a special feast – a seafood barbecue, the famous Balinese delicacy of babi guling (spit-roast pig), roast duck, or even a birthday cake – simply consult with the chef in advance and the staff will take care of everything.
FAMILIES AT VILLA NATARAJA
The family friendly advantages of a villa holiday are many, including access to your own private facilities and the freedom to use them whenever you want. With a great selection of sports activities and equipment, including bicycles, masks and snorkels and the option to charter the villas’ traditional sailing boat for fishing and snorkelling trips, Villa Nataraja (Majapahit Beach Villas) are particularly well set up for families with older children. (Families with toddlers will need to be vigilant, due to the villas’ open staircases and unguarded pools and water features.)
The team of friendly staff at the villas will make children feel as welcome as adults, and having these willing helpers on hand gives guests plenty of flexibility and freedom to do their own exploring beyond the villa grounds (full-time babysitting incurs a small extra cost).
The staff will happily prepare meals for babies and fussy young eaters – just talk through your requirements and meal schedules with the villa manager or chef and they will take care of the rest. Don’t worry about packing all that cumbersome kids’ equipment for your stay. Just let us know what you need, and anything we don’t have in-house (villa facilities include a baby cot and highchair) we can hire on your behalf.
SPA AT VILLA NATARAJA
Our villa offers guests “In–villa” spa treatments provided by Majapahit Spa’s professionally trained staff. The body treatment programs provide therapeutic, relaxing and rejuvenating experiences using natural products to enhance well being and reduce stress.
Guests at Villa Nataraja (Majapahit Beach Villas) can enjoy a selection of spa treatments or a massage in the privacy of their bedrooms or in the poolside balés. Spa services are provided by Majapahit Beach Villas’ own highly trained therapists who are on site to administer a wide range of treatments from the spa menu. Indulgences include traditional Balinese massage, hot stone massage, reflexology, body scrubs (including the green tea scrub), the royal Javanese wedding treatment known as Mandi Lulur, traditional facials, pedicure and manicures, and the special two hour Majapahit Honeymoon Package.