"Windu Sari" - which loosely translates as "a beautiful place in time" is a peaceful oasis in the heart of Petitenget on Bali's southwest coast. Entered via a traditional Balinese gateway, Villa Windu Sari is set within a gorgeous garden courtyard, complete with a 14 metre swimming pool and an exotic collection of flowering, tropical plants and trees.
This contemporary-styled, luxury villa is characterised by an abundance of teakwood and marble, and comprised of two, double-storey, shingle-roofed pavilions housing four bedrooms - each with an ensuite bathroom, a magnificent open-sided lounge and dining area, a cosy media room, an entertainment terrace, gym, kitchen and staff-service area.
The villa is securely located within a small private estate, the entrance of which is monitored 24 hours, with an additional night-security-guard on duty directly outside the front entrance.
Luxury Bedroom Comfort - The four bedrooms are situated in a self-contained two-storey "Sleeping Pavilion" positioned at one end of the enticing swimming pool. All bedrooms have sliding glass doors with teakwood shutters, timber floors and handmade coffered timber ceilings. Each is equipped with wardrobes, air-conditioning, a safe deposit box, a 40" TV with cable channels, and an iPod docking station. All of the bedrooms offer the choice of a super-king-size configuration or the option of twin king singles. Additional bedding can be provided for children with rollaway beds or cots for infants. This enables small children to share the bedroom facilities with their parents.
With En-suite Bathrooms - Sliding timber and glass doors lead directly from each of the four large bedrooms into luxurious marble-clad private bathrooms; the ground floor bathrooms are partially open air with private garden courtyards.
- Airport: 14 km (30 minute drive, depending on the traffic) - transfers from and to airport arranged and included in rate
- Property Area: 1,000 m2 (500 m2 internal living area, plus garden and outdoor areas)
- Guest Capacity: 8 adults, plus children on shared room basis
- 4 King Size Bedrooms: All air-conditioned, fully self contained with en-suite bathroom, cable-channel TV's, DVD & CD player and iPod docking station
- Lounge Area: Comfortable lounge sofas, built in bar, Sonos music system and overhead fans
- Dining Area: Standard seating for up to 10 persons, expandable to a maximum of 20
- Media Room: Air-conditioned room with 55 inch LED screen connected to cable-channel TV, internet and DVD player
- Gym: Equipped with an exercise bike, cross trainer, fitness mats/ball and light weights with bench in air-conditioned room
- BBQ: Outdoor BBQ in garden area adjacent pool; in addition to fully-equipped modern Kitchen staffed by professional chef
- Pool & Bale: Pool is 14 x 4.5 metres wide and 1.5 to 2.2 metres deep; set next to a bale relaxation pavilion (6 sunlounges)
- Children: Swimming pool is usually unfenced; a removable fence can be erected upon request
- Staff: Villa Manager, Supervisor, Chef, 4 Butlers, Gardener and Night Security Guard
- Security: Located in a private estate with controlled access - night security guard at villa entrance.; safety deposit boxes in all bedrooms
- Communication: International direct dial phone and internet access plus excellent mobile phone coverage
- Entertainment: Cable-channel TV, DVD & CD players, iPod docking stations and extensive Sonos based music collection
- Food & Beverage: Extensive food menu, limited range of beverages - breakfast included in rate
- Laundry Service: Full laundry and dry cleaning service is available at a very reasonable cost; bath and pool towels are provided
- Beach: 10 minute walk or 3 minutes by car to beach, surfing and swimming at Legian Beach
- Restaurants: Wide choice of first class restaurants within short distance
- Night Life: Many night clubs, disco-bars and bars with live music are located in nearby Petitenget, Seminyak and Kuta
- Spa & Massage: Day spas are located nearby or in-villa treatments can be arranged
- Golf: Nirwana Bali Golf Course voted Number One in Asia is only 30 minutes away
- Shopping: Located close to shopping areas, with a wide range of boutiques and designer shops
- Medical Attention: The nearby Australian owned and operated Bali International Medical Centre is open 24 hours
- Transportation: Contract driver and vehicle can be arranged or there is easy access to taxis
- Other Facilities: Back-up generator to ensure uninterrupted access to electrical power.
DINING & LIVING AREAS
Relax In The Lounge Area
The spacious Lounge & Dining Pavilion is characterised by a soaring roof, splendid honey-coloured timber panelling, a creamy-coloured Indian stone wall and polished marble floor. Open on three sides, it is cooled by gentle breezes and ceiling fans and dramatically lit by pendulous copper lanterns. The Lounge Area is furnished with comfortable sofas and ottoman complemented by a glass coffee table with hidden lighting that creates a soft glow at night. Wifi covers this area, and an iPad is available for guest use, and to control the Sonos sound system, which includes an extensive music collection to suit all tastes. This is a great spot to meet for a pre-or-post dinner gathering; the appearance of the garden and pool are equally attractive and appealing by night as they are by day.
A Choice of Dining Options
In-villa Dining - Complimentary breakfast is provided to all guests. The chef is superbly competent in the preparation of both local and international cuisine, and for other meals, the Villa Windu Sari menu offers a full dining service with a wide selection of Western classics, Asian delights, Indonesian favourites, and Balinese specialties, as well as tapas and snacks, all at competitive prices.
Beverages - Villa Windu Sari offers a choice of soft drinks, cocktails, beers, spirits and a limited range of wines. Please check the "Dining Menu" for details of the complete beverage list and prices.
Dining Out - Bali is fast becoming a focus for culinary pursuits and epicurean passions. The many gastronomic delights on the villa's doorstep will provide you with the option to eat out if you wish. With Villa Windu Sari's central location, you will be spoilt for choice. Sarong and Merah Putih restaurants are a leisurely five-minute stroll away, with other internationally-acclaimed restaurants including Ku De Ta, La Lucciola, Bambu, Mama San, Mozaic Beach Club, Hu'u Bar & Grill, Sardine and Metis also nearby. Furthermore, eateries serving cuisine from all around the world have earned the nearby Jalan Kayu Aya, the label "Eat Street".
Chill Out With A DVD - A marble staircase leads from the main Lounge and Dining Pavilion up to the Media Room. Elegantly furnished with deeply-cushioned upholstered armchairs and a long sofa, standard lamps, a large floor rug and a built-in desk that hugs the wall, this is a great place to escape and chill out in air-conditioned comfort.
On a hot day especially, this is the room-of-choice for taking in a DVD movie, listening to some music, surfing the internet or to just sitting and relaxing with a good book or with friends.
The Media Room is well-equipped with a 50" plasma screen, cable-channel television, DVD player and a state-of-the-art Yamaha theatre surround sound system. Also included is a computer providing internet access. Or Relax On The Terrace - The terrace off the Media Room is an ideal spot for some quiet time during the day, or a great place to gather with friends for a drink and tapas as the sun goes down.
Beautiful Pool & Garden
Villa Windu Sari is surrounded by a high stone wall enclosing a lush tropical garden, which incorporates a sparkling, deep-blue swimming pool complete with timber deck.
The refreshing pool is 14 metres long and 4.5 metres wide; the depth varies from 1.5 to 2.2 metres. There is a wide ledge at one end of the pool where young children can frolic or older folks can sit and relax, or remain semi-submerged and cool while they sunbathe.
A large open-sided "bale" relaxation pavilion and a Himalayan-stone water cascade are located poolside. The deck is furnished with adjustable sunbeds and an umbrella. An adjacent pool shower is provided for guest convenience.
Lush green lawns are bordered by an eclectic selection of tropical plants, flowering shrubs and trees including palms, mini hibiscus, stag horn ferns and orchids.
At night the garden and pool take on a different and special persona due to cleverly positioned recessed lighting. Removable Pool Fence - A temporary fence can be erected around the pool for the duration of your stay; simply ask the villa staff and they will be happy to arrange it free of charge.
Private Chef & Modern Kitchen
The fully-equipped Kitchen is discretely positioned out of sight, yet conveniently adjacent to the Living Pavilion. Here, the professional private chef and villa staff will freshly prepare your food to order.
An extensive offering of breakfast foods is provided to all guests without charge. For other meals, a comprehensive menu is available giving a wide choice of meal options at competitive prices.
Please remember that while the villa's facilities and staff capabilities are of the highest quality, the villa does not have a commercial kitchen and cannot maintain the same inventory as a restaurant that serves hundreds of patrons in a day. Therefore pre-ordering is a key component of the villa's food service and there are restrictions on the number of different menu items that can be prepared at one time. An Outdoor BBQ - A modern built-in BBQ is located in the garden adjacent to the swimming pool, allowing the Chef to prepare a range of delicious BBQ menu items for your enjoyment.
GYM & SPA
For those wishing to "keep in shape" while enjoying the excitement of a holiday on "the Island of the Gods", and the hospitality of Villa Windu Sari, the Gym is conveniently located off the terrace overlooking the pool and lush tropical gardens.
The timber-clad Gym has a mirrored wall, and is fitted with both air-conditioning and ceiling fans. It is well equipped with: Free weights and a bench, Exercise bike, Cross-trainer, Exercise mats, Balance ball.
Beverages are available from a small fridge and there is also an iPod-controlled sound system and a TV to provide entertainment during your exercise programme.
After or instead of a Gym work-out, guests may wish to utilize the availability of in-house spa services, with deluxe treatments carried out in the privacy of your the villa by fully trained therapists from a reputable local spa (extra charges will apply). Here's a sample of what's on the menu:
Massage - Release built up tension with a traditional Balinese massage by the pool. Using a combination of gentle stretches, acupressure and aromatherapy oils to stimulate the flow of blood, oxygen and energy around your body, you will feel totally relaxed in no time.
Foot Reflexology - Foot reflexology is a natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet which correspond to every part of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes tension is relieved and circulation improved leaving you feeling balanced.
Body Scrub - A full body scrub will exfoliate and hydrate your skin leaving it soft and smooth. A rejuvenating scrub combines an abrasive material such as salt, coffee, rice bran or pecan hulls with essential oils to remove any impurities and make your skin glow.
Manicure/Pedicure - Our hands and feet work hard for us every day but rarely get the attention they deserve. Treat them to a manicure or pedicure, which usually comes with the added bonus of a quick hand or foot massage